Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Admin Officer
Location: Akwa Ibom
Position Reports to: State Team Leader
Technical Working Relationship: Procurement Manager, Admin Manager at country office
- The Senior Admin Officer (SAO) reports to the State Team Leader and will be responsible for providing Administrative oversight at state office for Jhpiego.
- The SAO will ensure that administrative reports follow Jhpiego, USAID rules and regulations, other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The SAO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of state admin operations.
Key Financial responsibilities:
- Ensure state offices administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for managing and reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of state office and program activities.
- Ensure all procurements in the field office are in line with Jhpiego’s and donor procurement policies.
- Ensure documentation for the procurement of all goods and services are completed and available for audit trail.
- Set the standard for compliance with USAID and Jhpiego procurement regulations and standards.
- Adhere strictly with compliance indicators for field project procurement. Track and report exceptions.
- Coordinate with the Procurement and Admin Manager for technical support to identify areas of improvement for field project procurement compliance.
- Responsible for the accurate recording and maintenance of all Jhpiego Nigeria and donor assets located in the state office
- Ensure that all shipments received in the state office are properly recorded in the electronic inventory register on time, and ensure that appropriate program staff and the State Team Leader is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
- Under the guidance of the State Team Leader, accountable for providing responses to all queries arising from monitoring visits, audits and other related reviews.
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage. Master’s degree is highly desired
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR award is highly desired
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including and proficiency in the use of automated assets and inventory software, fleet management and reporting software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional, courteous, and pleasant personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience working in a busy office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision
- Be able to prioritize tasks to ensure that time and office resources are optimized
- Must be honest and polite
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
- Social and able to work with various teams
- Willing to work long hours as need arises
- Firm & disciplined in as far as Jhpiego /USAID policies are concerned
- Ability to work with minimum supervision – being responsive, proactive, and self-motivated
- Have a happy disposition and willing to take on extra responsibilities.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one single word Document to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Note
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are qualified
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Popular Jobs this Week
Apply for this Job