PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Associate – Capital Market Accounting & Consulting Services
Job ID: 228902WD
Management Level: Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events.
- You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare high quality reports as client engagement deliverables.
- Provide accounting advice and support to internal teams on external audit and tax engagements.
- Support engagement teams on conversion of financial statements from previous GAAP to IFRS.
- Maintain strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and scoping documents for IFRS advisory services.
- Support knowledge transfer by preparing IFRS training materials (on new IFRS, amendments to existing standard).
- Assist with the preparation and organization of training materials/facilities for external client trainings.
- Assist with carrying out research on topical accounting issues.
- Identify and resolve GAAP differences between previous GAAP and IFRS for companies.
- A good University Degree
- Good working knowledge and understanding of IFRS (minimum of 1 -3 years working experience with IFRS would be an advantage)
- ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening skill
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2021.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Popular Jobs this Week
Apply for this Job