Buhari Moves 6000 Troops To Zamfara

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered immediate deployment of 6000 men of Nigeria Army to Zamfara State, for immediate implementation of the shoot-on-sight order it gave last week.

This was disclosed by the governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, in a state broadcast on Tuesday in Dutse.

Download MP3

Governor Matawalle said, the decision of deploying 6000 troops by President Buhari, was the outcome of a four days State House visit, he payed to the president to appraise him with the details of security issues in Zamfara State.

Recall that governor Matawalle, had shown his displeasure over the ‘No Fly Zone’ and banning of mining activities, which the president declared after a National Security Council meeting in the presidential villa.

Gov. Matawalle during a visit of members of the Nigeria Governors Forum, to felicitate with him on the return of Jangebe school girls, said the decision of the President to declare ‘No Fly Zone’ on Zamfara was as a result of not understanding the issues on ground. He said the National Security Council meeting attendees, went to the presidential villa to be served tea.

Check Out =>  Pantami Agrees He Supported Taliban, Boko-Haram, Al-Qaeda

Gov. Matawalle in the state broadcast stated: “In the fall out my discussion with President Muhammadu Buhari and the security higher commands in Abuja, it was resolved that 6000 additional troops will be deployed to the state to complement the effort of other security forces in tackling the security challenges in the state.

READ ALSO: 10 Killed, Houses Set Ablaze, Many Injured, As Bandits Attack In Benue

“The troops will soon arrive the state for their operations and we are grateful to the Federal government. As you may recall Mr President has ordered the security operatives to shoot dead any found illegally bearing rifle.

Check Out =>  UI Releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME Results

“The president has agreed to a time frame within which the recalcitrant bandits, should surrender their weapons and key in to our peace initiative. As you are aware, the peace deal initiated by my administration has recorded success including the disarmament, securing the release of hundreds of kidnapped persons, reopening of markets and the resumption of other economic activities across the state.

“Even though, we are enjoying relative peace as result of this dialogue and reconciliation programme, some armed bandits refused to key in to this programme and they sustain their attacks on our communities. The government has equally observed that there is sabotage by some unscrupulous elements within and outside the state.”

Governor Bello Matawalle also directed all traditional institutions to monitor movements in their communities, just as he ordered, that all motorcycle riders are banned from carrying more than two persons.

Check Out =>  UI Releases of 2020/2021 Post-UTME Results

He also banned the operation of (Yan Sakai) vigilante groups in all the communities in Zamfara State.

“The state government has decided to take the following measures with immediate effect: traditional rulers and local council administrators should remain in their domains to monitor the movement or influx of suspicious characters.

“Conveyance of more than two persons on a motorbike is hereby banned with immediate effect, no movement of motorcycles in groups in all the nooks and crannies of the state and security operatives are directed to apprehend the violators of this order,” Matawalle said.



Source by [author_name]

Download MP3

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply