Senekal suspect seeks bail so he can collect disability grant

Senekal-protest

Sekola Matlaletsa and Sekwetje Mahlamba who were arrested in connection to the murder of Brandin Horner are applying for bail within the Senekal Magistrates Court on Friday.

Capt Gerhardus Myburgh testifying within the suspects’ bail bid, said Horner’s body was found on October 2 within the farm where he worked.

Matlaletsa, 44 opted call at taking to the bail stand.

He decided to plead his case via an affidavit but didn’t touch on the merits of the case.

He intends to plead acquitted.

In his affidavit which he presented to the court, he pleaded that he should be released on bail less than R1,000.

He said the state had indirect evidence against him but he refused to believe that it had been a robust case.

He explained to the court he wasn’t a flight risk, he added that he had spent the last 21 years living in Paul Roux.

He added that he was his family’s sole provider and he lives together with his unemployed wife and 4 children.

Matlaletsa disclosed to the court that he provides for his family through his disability grant.

Concerning his previous convictions during which two were stock theft, he admitted to having his justifiable share of going against the law.

He appealed to the court to release him on bail in order that he would be ready to withdraw his social grant which can’t be done behind bars.

When Myburgh took to the stand, he revealed that Matlaletsa lied about some certain aspects of his life.

He said that Matlaletsa’s wife wasn’t unemployed.

In a statement which Matlaletsa’s wife wrote, it had been indicated that she was employed at an area feeding scheme.

The bail application continues.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply