This position is responsible for the translation of publications and daily correspondences, from English to Chinese, and vice versa, with speed and accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate publications and correspondence from English to Chinese and from Chinese to English.
- Simultaneous/consecutive interpretation at board meetings, an annual international convention, various seminars, webinars, teleconferences, and tours for visitors from around the world.
- Handle administrative duties, such as processing of reports, award issuance, record keeping.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree (preferably from an institution in a Traditional Chinese-speaking country).
- Two years of professional translation experience is required.
- Some interpreting (consecutive/simultaneous) experience is highly desirable.
- First-hand Traditional Chinese language experience, including knowledge of the history, culture and tradition of at least one Chinese-speaking country.
- The ability to work within deadlines; good communication and interpersonal skills and effective time management.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. A knowledge of TRADOS software is highly desirable (otherwise will be trained).